Thursday, July 19, 2012

Shopping for Scholarship

This year I was awarded a Youth Scholarship from the American Cancer Society. Because I was awarded a scholarship I was invited to speak at the Shopping for Scholarship event hosted by Joyce Bytof. It was a fun night for both Brooke and I. There were wonderful auction items as you can see from the pictures below. Bill Jartz and his wife lead the auction and as we found out also know my grandparents. From one of the pictures below his wife Mary was introducing me, Maribel, and his mutual love for green tractors with my grandpa and uncle. I was able to share my story and what it truly means to me to receive a sholarship. We were able to meet up with our great aunt and uncle at the event also, which was a very nice suprise! This event helps fund the scholarships the American Cancer Society awards.  I loved being able to attend the event and personally thank Joyce, her family, and all of the shoppers who help fund the scholarships. Thank you from the bottom of my heart <3