Monday, August 6, 2012

Relay for Life~Manitowoc County 2012

On July 26th, 2012 Dennis, Mom, Brooke, Nick, and I participated in Relay for Life of Manitowoc County. It was an awesome experience to see all of the survivors, caregivers, friends, family, and loved ones come together to raise money to find a cure to beat this nasty beast. The event reminded me of how many people are affected by cancer and how many shouldn't be. We are joining together and cancer should be scared because as a wise man once told me "we are going to laugh in cancer's face because that is the one thing cancer fears". July 24th, two days before July 26th in 2009 I was diagnosed with melanoma. That day changed my life forever. I never imagined I would be walking the survivor lap or been given some of the amazing experiences I have been. I am so thankful my family and Nick were there to share this night with me.