Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving




As we begin the week of Thanksgiving I am reminded that I have so much to be thankful for. I have a great family and boyfriend, friends, a roof over my head, heat, food, clothes, the opportunity to get a higher education, and the pure, simple fact that I am here to celebrate it. As I feel every holiday reminds us of that, the in between is what gets us. The hussle and bussle of every day life, the little things that go wrong, etc. I love this time of year, which is evident by the fact I have been listening to Christmas music since the week of Halloween, but it also reminds me that I lost a loved one, who was dear to my heart a mere seven months ago and that no matter what he will not be here in the flesh to celebrate another Thanksgiving or Christmas with me. If feels like just yesterday I was spending Christmas with him last year and at the same time, like it was a million years ago. I was reflecting on this during my drive from school to home last week and I felt the sadness creep back into my heart. So often we take everything in life for granted. This bog is about my journey with melanoma, but in a broader light, my journey with cancer. His absence this holiday season reminds me that cancer is a beast and will take anyone. My hope is that you hold your loved ones closer this holiday season because we never know what the future holds. Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the Black Friday deals, I know I will be! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment