Sunday, December 9, 2012

Prayers and Love are NEEDED!

Melanoma is a beast, one that nobody asks to enter their life, but it enters any way. I like to read blogs about others who are going through this journey called melanoma.Why? I am interested in their stories and hoping to make friendships with these people because they know what I am going through. I recently joined a facebook group made up of many wonderful, caring, supportive individuals and their families. Each one having their own story, but all aiming for one goal, to some day kick melanoma's a**. Why do I tell you all of this? I tell you because there are two messages that need to be heard. The first one is that melanoma has very unwelcomingly entered the lives of the Hayes family. Susan writes a blog about her 23 year old daughter's journey with melanoma. Susan's blog is one I have been reading and a friend I have made through facebook. This family needs all the prayers, love, positive vibes, and anything you can give them right now because melanoma is winning. It pains me to write this, but I know this message needs to be heard. Which leads to the second point. Jillian's story NEEDS to be heard. The young women and men of our society need to understand that skin cancer isn't always able to to be cut away. You may not think it is going to happen to you, but it can and does. I can't speak for Jillian, but my guess is she never thought this was going to happen to her. Please think of this young girl before you enter that cancer coffin or lay in the sun with baby oil smothering your body. No one wants to go on this journey, so reduce your chances of ever having to.

I encourage (really demand) that you read Susan's honest and emotional words that she has posted about Jillian's latest part of her journey. I hope it knocks the cold, hard reality of what melanoma can do to you. Loosing some one you love is one the absolute hardest things life can send your way. Yet, some how Susan is able to put this into words, to continue sharing Jillian's story because she knows how vital it is in the fight against melanoma. Be prepared with tissues because these words will bring you to tears. Check out the post here on Jillian's Journey with Melanoma- A Mother's Story.

1 comment:

Comment