Sunday, September 23, 2012

Birthday Week!

Big Birthday Cake Candles
Source 

Ahh! It's Birthday Week! I can't believe my birthday is here already! I feel like I have been excited for this for sooooo long and it is almost here. I had a little pre-birthday celebration with my family and my love this weekend. I am going to apologize right away for the lack of posting this week. Monday is all day class, Tuesday is my actual birthday, Wednesday's reason is I get to see Carrie Underwood in concert, and Thursday is celebrating my birthday with my friends. Yes I know this may seem extreme because it is just another day to some people, but to me it is not. My family has always made a big deal of birthdays, plus my mom's birthday is the day before mine. It is a big week in our house. Once you hear the words "You have cancer" you never know if you are going to celebrate another birthday, which is another reason they should be a HUGE deal. Every milestone is an accomplishment and should be celebrated. Three years ago made me realize no matter what the age, birthdays should be celebrated because you at least got to be here for it. Today I am thanking God for the wonderful people he has put in my life, the opportunities he has given me, my faith, and the pure fact that I am able to be here to enjoy it. :)